Here’s a great recipe for those days when you just need to whip something up real quick.
Ingredients: Chicken, Bacon (we used turkey bacon), Red pepper flakes
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Individually wrapped your bacon around the chicken.
3)Place it on a baking pan & season it with your favorite spice. I decided to spice it up a bit with red pepper flakes.
4) Bake for about 30 minutes or until bacon & chicken is cooked thoroughly.
5) Serve it with rice and veggies.
Easy as pie huh? Dinner solved 🙂
Chicken Parmesan Recipe
***Recipe is for two only
- 1 pound chicken breast- halved and flattened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- pepper jack cheese slices (two for each piece of chicken)
- 1/3 of a box of spaghetti
- 1/2 a garden tomato cubed
- olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 a yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 small cans of tomato sauce (I used one basil, garlic & oregano, the other a spicy kind)
- Make spaghetti according to instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet and saute onion and garlic. Add tomatoes when the onions are translucent.
- Add both cans of tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and simmer until sauce thickens (15-20 mins).
- Mix egg and garlic powder on a plate. Dredge chicken in the mixture.
- Heat oil on another skillet and preheat oven to 375. On a separate plate, combine Parmesan, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Press chicken onto dry mixture and cover completely. Fry chicken in skillet for 5 mins on each side/ until cooked.
- Grease a baking pan and line it with the cooked chicken. Top each with 2 slices of pepper jack cheese.
- Place baking pan in oven and bake until cheese is melted (2-4 mins).
- Plate your dish: spaghetti first, sauce, then chicken. Enjoy!
Here’s another really easy recipe that my husband frequently ask for…Chicken Teriyaki
Ingredients: chicken, Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce, green peas, onion, rice
1) Marinate chicken with Teriyaki sauce for a couple of hours or longer
2) Cut chicken into pieces (you can do this before marinating)
3)Cook marinated chicken on skillet at medium-high heat.
4)Let it boil. Add onion & green peas.
5) Put it over bed of rice & serve.
Well, off to go work on mah fitness 🙂
Yummy Wednesday Time!
Since we are a working household around here, it’s quite a challenge to pack lunches- a healthy lunch that is. So for all of you who feels the same way, here’s a simple recipe you can do the night before & it can last throughout the week. My husband loves it!
- 3 pcs boiled Chicken (cubed or shredded)
- 2 Eggs (hard boiled)
- Celery (chopped)
- Carrots (shredded)
- Bell Pepper (cubed)
- Onion (cubed)
- Grapes (halves)
- Lettuce (optional)
- Ranch Dressing or Miracle Whip (your choice)
- Salt & Pepper
1) Prepare all the ingredients (boil, chop, cut)
2) In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients
3) Add Ranch dressing, oregano, salt & pepper to taste
4) Cover & put in refrigerator
5) Put it on wheat bread (we prefer it on croissant). Add lettuce on your sandwich if you like.
I’m still trying to find more recipes so, if you happen to have any secret pack lunch tips/ ideas. Please do share!
Well, my brother is coming home tonight from his 2-year mission from Oakland, California for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I can’t wait to see his jolly self again!