Here’s a great recipe for those days when you just need to whip something up real quick.
Ingredients: Chicken, Bacon (we used turkey bacon), Red pepper flakes
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Individually wrapped your bacon around the chicken.
3)Place it on a baking pan & season it with your favorite spice. I decided to spice it up a bit with red pepper flakes.
4) Bake for about 30 minutes or until bacon & chicken is cooked thoroughly.
5) Serve it with rice and veggies.
Easy as pie huh? Dinner solved 🙂
Here’s another really easy recipe that my husband frequently ask for…Chicken Teriyaki
Ingredients: chicken, Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce, green peas, onion, rice
1) Marinate chicken with Teriyaki sauce for a couple of hours or longer
2) Cut chicken into pieces (you can do this before marinating)
3)Cook marinated chicken on skillet at medium-high heat.
4)Let it boil. Add onion & green peas.
5) Put it over bed of rice & serve.
Well, off to go work on mah fitness 🙂
Yummy Wednesday Time!
Since we are a working household around here, it’s quite a challenge to pack lunches- a healthy lunch that is. So for all of you who feels the same way, here’s a simple recipe you can do the night before & it can last throughout the week. My husband loves it!
- 3 pcs boiled Chicken (cubed or shredded)
- 2 Eggs (hard boiled)
- Celery (chopped)
- Carrots (shredded)
- Bell Pepper (cubed)
- Onion (cubed)
- Grapes (halves)
- Lettuce (optional)
- Ranch Dressing or Miracle Whip (your choice)
- Salt & Pepper
1) Prepare all the ingredients (boil, chop, cut)
2) In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients
3) Add Ranch dressing, oregano, salt & pepper to taste
4) Cover & put in refrigerator
5) Put it on wheat bread (we prefer it on croissant). Add lettuce on your sandwich if you like.
I’m still trying to find more recipes so, if you happen to have any secret pack lunch tips/ ideas. Please do share!
Well, my brother is coming home tonight from his 2-year mission from Oakland, California for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I can’t wait to see his jolly self again!
While I was making dinner tonight, I had a little spontaneous concoction…
Mix these all together:
Kellogg’s Special K Fruit & Yogurt Cereal
Strawberry Banana Yogurt
YUMMY! The Mister wants this for breakfast tomorrow. Wooohoo!
Remember, choose to be happy.
Welcome to our episode of Yummy Wednesday! Tonight, we are going to have pork chops for dindin. This recipe is quite easy & it’s best when marinated overnight or longer.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients & cover with aluminum foil.
- Put in the refrigerator & marinate it overnight (or longer).
- When ready to cook, heat oil in a medium pan.
- Cook pork chops for about 5 minutes each.
- Serve with rice & vegetables.
Have a wonderful night everyone!
One of my favorite desserts/ snacks that my Mama makes is Fruit Salad!
It’s so easy to make and so tasty I could eat it ALL day and all night.
Here are the ingredients:
***you can add your favorite fruit…sometimes I like coconut/ strawberries :)***
Nestle Media Crema
1) Mix everything in a bowl
2) Refrigerate it over night (or longer)
(hehe a glimpse of our Welcome sign with Scrabble tiles)
One of these days, I’ll have to have Mama as a guest and share some of her Filipino recipes. So stay tune!
HAPPY (belated) 100th BIRTHDAY!!!
What’s the 411?
Original Name: Oreo Biscuit
Birthplace: Chelsea, New York
Fun Fact: The Oreo cookie “twist, lick and dunk” ritual is the signature way to eat an Oreo cookie around the world.
I was sooooooo excited when I found out about this! I wanted to blog about it yesterday but I decided to go ahead and wait to feature it for our very first feature of Yummy Wednesday!
Here’s a couple of recipes I found:
Oreo Cupckaes from Java Cupcake
Oreo Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes from La Mia Vita Dolce
I called my lover today at work and simply told him, “After the musical practice, we are going on a date”, with no further questions or information. Little does he know, we will be making these bomb-diggity OREO Truffles from Kraft Foods!
Here is a collage of our date. Enjoy!
I would definitely do this again and make it more presentable but it was definitely delicious!
What’s your favorite kind of Oreo cookie?