It’s FALL season!
As much as I love the summertime, autumn is just as beautiful and as fun. I very much look forward to…
Camping which also means SMORE’S time and bonfire
Pumpkin on everything
This also means EXTRA cuddling time
And of course, Thanksgiving and Christmas is almost here!
Well, I better calm myself down and just maybe sip on some hot chocolate. xoxo, Grace
Thanks to couponing, our household has survived without me having to go grocery shopping for over a month now. Although it was nice not having to worry about it, it was time to get some fresh veggies. Lo and behold, Shrimp Stir Fry was on the menu tonight. Instructions: Sautée all the veggies with onion and garlic. Put in the shrimp. Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Tada!
This is one of my favorite dishes. It’s healthy and it’s so easy to make. It’s great with rice and you can even substitute the shrimp with chicken or tofu.
I’m also trying to be better with menu planning by using this menu planner I found from OrgJunkie.
Now time to plan out healthy recipes. And oh, here’s some pup and hubby love ❤
Everybody knows getting your wisdom tooth out is no fun business.
I got mine taken out last Monday & I definitely don’t want to do that ever again. I’m just really grateful for such a loving & caring hubby by my side. It made the experience more bearable knowing that I was taken care of. So, thank you so much honey 🙂
Another part of getting your wisdom tooth out is changing your diet to… soft foods. Yum yum?
1) Mashed Potatoes 2) Jello Pudding 3) Yogurt 4) Ramen Noodles 5) Crackers
All I can say is I cannot wait to eat Chinese food and have a piece of steak!
Here’s a great recipe for those days when you just need to whip something up real quick.
Ingredients: Chicken, Bacon (we used turkey bacon), Red pepper flakes
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Individually wrapped your bacon around the chicken.
3)Place it on a baking pan & season it with your favorite spice. I decided to spice it up a bit with red pepper flakes.
4) Bake for about 30 minutes or until bacon & chicken is cooked thoroughly.
5) Serve it with rice and veggies.
Easy as pie huh? Dinner solved 🙂
New York Cheesecake w/Caramel Drizzle
This recipe was really easy—I prepared and put it in the oven before I got ready for work, simply turn the oven off and let the cheesecake cool inside when I left, and put it in the fridge when I got back home from work—just enough time to be chilled for dessert! I hope you enjoy and please tell me how you like it/if you made any changes that made it even better!
¾ cup graham crackers or 15 graham crackers, crushed
3 tablespoons butter, melted
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 jar of Smucker’s Topping (I used caramel, but you can use any flavor you like)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking.
5. Heat topping jar 20-30 seconds in the microwave (just enough so you can pour it but it should still be a little thick, not runny), pour generously or drizzle lightly over cheesecake.
6. Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
Happy Valentines amigos! Hope you felt loved today if not, well I’m sending you bear hugs all over. So, here are just a few more ideas for our 14 Days of Valentines. They say the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. So why not bake him some cookies or brownies & shape them into hearts. Nom nom nom.
Another fun idea is to play Valentine’s Bingo. There are a lot of printable ones like this one from Makoodle.com and you can use heart shaped candies to play with as well. Since you’re going all out anyways might as well leave a note saying “BINGO! How did I get so lucky!”
Remember it’s never too late to express your love just because “Valentine’s day” is over.
Oh dear! I didn’t realize Valentine’s day is in 3 days–— that sure went by really fast!!! So, here are several more ideas to complete your 14 Days of Valentine’s
- In our house, apples are not very popular but we don’t mind dried apples 🙂 So, if you’re like us grab some dried apple snackies with a note “You are the apple of my eye”
- You can never go wrong with Snickers unless of course if you’re allergic to nuts. So if your man/woman is a fan of Snickers… “I hope you don’t snicker because I’m crazy about you!”
- “Be-twix you and me…I love you” Yummy & simple.
- My husband loves mint chocolate. He seriously ate the whole package of Andes mint chocolate in one day. So note to self, make sure to give the note first before he devours the treat. “We’re mint to be together”
Doing the 14 days of Valentines can be pretty tedious & it might take a lot of effort but don’t get discouraged! It’s TOTALLY worth it. Just remember who & why you’re doing it ❤