New York Cheesecake w/Caramel Drizzle
This recipe was really easy—I prepared and put it in the oven before I got ready for work, simply turn the oven off and let the cheesecake cool inside when I left, and put it in the fridge when I got back home from work—just enough time to be chilled for dessert! I hope you enjoy and please tell me how you like it/if you made any changes that made it even better!
¾ cup graham crackers or 15 graham crackers, crushed
3 tablespoons butter, melted
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 jar of Smucker’s Topping (I used caramel, but you can use any flavor you like)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking.
5. Heat topping jar 20-30 seconds in the microwave (just enough so you can pour it but it should still be a little thick, not runny), pour generously or drizzle lightly over cheesecake.
6. Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.