For today’s post, we have an Oven Pot Roast recipe. Now, this is quite a victory for me because I have NEVER made pot roast before. I was really nervous about trying something new especially when I want ed to make it for our date night dinner. I did some research & luckily I found this recipe from Food.com. Brian really enjoyed this recipe & even said that it’s one of his favorites 🙂 —-> Happy wifey!!!
- 1 Bottom Round Beef Roast (I used 2.5 lbs)
- Season Salt
- 4 medium Carrots (cut diagonally)
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, whole
- 12 small potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth, divided
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle *season salt & pepper all over roast, place fat side up in dutch oven or roaster.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 375 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees, sprinkle all over roast with Cajun & Cumin seasoning.
- Add 1/2 cup beef broth to roaster, cover & bake for another 1 hour.
- While waiting for roast, boil potatoes & carrots with water. *
- Remove the roaster from oven & add 3/4 cup beef broth to roaster.
- Add potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and onions. Sprinkle with season salt & pepper.
- Cover & roast for 30 more minutes or until veggies are tender,*
- Remove roast to platter & slice. Surround with veggies, cover with foil & keep warm.
- Add cornstarch to cold water, whisk & add to roaster.
- Whisk while bringing to boil, simmer for 5 mins or until thickened. Ladel over roast & veggies.
*Changes I made from original recipe.
I will most definitely use this recipe again. I’m just glad it worked out! Sometimes it’s good to do something you’ve never done before right?