Chicken Parmesan Recipe
***Recipe is for two only
- 1 pound chicken breast- halved and flattened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- pepper jack cheese slices (two for each piece of chicken)
- 1/3 of a box of spaghetti
- 1/2 a garden tomato cubed
- olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 a yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 small cans of tomato sauce (I used one basil, garlic & oregano, the other a spicy kind)
- Make spaghetti according to instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet and saute onion and garlic. Add tomatoes when the onions are translucent.
- Add both cans of tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and simmer until sauce thickens (15-20 mins).
- Mix egg and garlic powder on a plate. Dredge chicken in the mixture.
- Heat oil on another skillet and preheat oven to 375. On a separate plate, combine Parmesan, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Press chicken onto dry mixture and cover completely. Fry chicken in skillet for 5 mins on each side/ until cooked.
- Grease a baking pan and line it with the cooked chicken. Top each with 2 slices of pepper jack cheese.
- Place baking pan in oven and bake until cheese is melted (2-4 mins).
- Plate your dish: spaghetti first, sauce, then chicken. Enjoy!