One of the things I love about being a wifey is having my own kitchen & cooking for my hubby. Sometimes, Brian has rough days at work & a good home cooked meal always seem to cure it.
Last week, I made some Coconut Shrimp Curry. We usually like spicy curry but this recipe is more sweet with a spicy kick to it. So, here’s the recipe for it… Enjoy!
COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY
1) Marinade & toss the shrimp in a bag or a bowl for about 20 minutes. Put these ingredients together to make the Shrimp Marinade.
Shrimp Marinade Ingredients: 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 ground black pepper 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 freshly squeezed lemon juice, shrimp (peeled/ deveined)
2) While the shrimps are marinating, prepare the sauce in a medium- sized pot.
Sauce Ingredients: 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 finely chopped onion, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp ground pepper, 1 tbsp ground cinnamon, 1 tbsp salt, 2 tsp ground coriander, 1/2 tsp turmeric, curry powder, 1 can (14.5 oz) undrained diced tomatoes, 1 can coconut milk, cilantro
3) Heat oil & sauté the onion & garlic. Stir in ground pepper, ground cinnamon, salt, ground coriander, turmeric & curry powder (add as much curry as you want). Let it cook for about 5 minutes.
4) Add undrained diced tomatoes & let it sit for about a minute. Increase the heat & simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
5) Add coconut milk (I love using this on recipes!) & stir to mix. Let it boil.
6) Add the marinated shrimp & the marinate juice. Simmer & cook until shrimp is curled & cooked through.
7) Add some cilantro. Serve over a bed of rice. TA-DA!