I still remember Brian coming home from one of his Boy’s nights with Stumpey for a surprise. That night, our family became a trio.
- He might not have talked much but he was definitely a friendly creature.
- He waved his fin “Hello” to whoever wanted to greet him.
- He lived a rock star life too. Eventually, he upgraded from a little bowl to a little aquarium (Thanks to Ammon)
- His priceless possession was his crib, The Stump.
- He enjoyed eating but Mr. Spoon was not his friend
Then, Sunday morning of May 6, 2012, hubby woke me up and said “Honey, I have some bad news”. I thought he was going to say we ran out of milk or something… “Stumpey’s dead”. My heart broke into pieces & I was in denial… I’ve never been a fan of death but I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later. Brian asked me if we should flush him down the toilet… call me a weirdo but it didn’t seem right to me…
And so, we headed up to Mickler’s Beach & buried him there with his Stump. From now on, I know what spot to go to for tanning & I feel a little better knowing that Stumpey will watch Brian when he goes surfing at the beach.
Brian & Grace
PS: This reminded me of Torque’s Funeral in July 2009 with my 202 Roomies…